Children love to enjoy bicycle riding but it’s a vehicle so needs a lot of safety measures to be followed to keep your children safe. It’s very necessary to supervise your children while cycling. It’s a healthy activity and source of fun and enjoyment. Your child feels free and independent. So you need bike safety accessories or kids cycle harness etc.
Parent’s proper Supervision
Parents should spend time to supervise their children while they are trying to learn the essential skills to be capable to ride in a straight line, brake properly as well as balancing with and without stabilizers. Kids need to be taken away from heavy traffic on flat surfaces for practicing. When the children become expert then they can go to a road trial but again with adult supervision. It is recommended that children under 12 require complete supervision of parents or any adult.
Bike Safety Accessories or Equipments
- While bicycle riding its necessary to wear a helmet as it is very effective and reduce all types of head injuries.
- The helmet should be properly fitted while cycling.
- Before the ride, make sure the reflectors are safe, brakes work properly, gears shift efficiently, and tires are tightly protected and properly inflated.
- Long or loose clothing can get caught in bike chains or wheel. Dress young kids properly to make sure a safe ride.
- There is another very effective accessory called padded vest that helps your children to learn the bike without stabilizer more confidently. The injury rate in bicycle riding is similar to the other type of sports but parents should supervise the children while bicycle riding to avoid such type of injuries.
- Children under 10 are not mature enough to ride properly so they should ride on path ways instead of roads.
- You have to supervise properly.
- Teach your children road rules.
- Teach them the rule of look before turning.
- Teach your children to be alert while riding. Watch out for potholes, cracks, wet leaves or anything that could make them lose control of their bike.
- When riding, children should be facing forward and have both hands on the handlebars.
- Maintenance and checking of bike equipment on a regular basis is very necessary.