Children love to have bicycles. Cycling is a healthy outdoor activity and a full entertainment for children as children feel freedom through bicycle riding. Children learn how to balance. The bicycle stabilizers help them to easily learn balancing. Parents teach child’s first bike and how to ride and balance with and gradually without the stabilizers. Proper safety measures are very much necessary as well as adult supervision to keep your child safe and sound.
Basic Guideline for Parents
Buying your child’s first bicycle is pretty much exciting for your child as he is excited to ride and learn cycling in a proper way. Choosing the right bike with proper safety measures is very necessary. Here is a guideline to choose the perfect ride for your child:
- According to the International Bicycle Fund, most children start riding a two-wheeler bike between the ages of 3 and 4, usually with the help of stabilizers. Between the ages of 4 and 8, they’ve grown-up physically and learn how to balance so they stop using bicycle stabilizers.
- Your child’s bike should have a low stand over height so if they do fall, they don’t have far to go. The handlebars should also be nice and high so the child is erect and aware of his or her surroundings.
- Check the wheels and the brakes for proper functioning.
- Check that the frame is aligned well as well as the quality of the material.
- Check the proper adjustment of stabilizers or training wheels.
- Also buy safety accessories like helmet or padded vests to make sure the safety of your child.
- Beside all the safety measures keep in mind children love funky and bright colors. As it is your child’s first bike so try to select the most attractive to make your child happy and so he or she can excitedly ride on bike.
- Always remember adult supervision in cycling is very necessary for the safety of children and your child’s safety should be first priority for you.